does anyone still sell guns with buttplates?

stagpanther

You can still buy a Henry big boy 45-70 with a metal butt plate for self-abuse if that's your thing ( I have one and highly recommend it:D). Sorry if this is strictly a shotgun question.

reloder56

Some early versions of the Remington 1100 have just plastic butt plates. Mine does and it's a early 80's model. I do use a Browning gel pad in my trap vest when using the 1100 for trap shooting.
Gary

Hawg

I still haven't gotten over going from steel to plastic. I don't own a shotgun with a pad and I do have quite a few.

kje54

CURRENT NEW guns having just buttplates.
Good luck. Other than reproduction shotguns I don't believe anyone makes a modern shotgun with just a metal butt plate. Of course I could be mistaken butt I haven't come across any.

You could always manufacture your own, supposedly it's not that hard to do.

bamaranger

cz

I have not seen or handled one in person, butt (;) from catalog images, it appears the CZ Sharptail SxS comes with a b-plate. Been gloating over one of those, for about a year now........and I've not small game hunted in over 30 years.

eflyguy

Not being sarcastic, serious question, but doesn't this crowd wear their padding on their jackets?

I mean, I shoot with some guys that wear more to shoot an AR than I could stand in the dead of winter. There has to be a purpose..

Hawg

Not being sarcastic, serious question, but doesn't this crowd wear their padding on their jackets?

I mean, I shoot with some guys that wear more to shoot an AR than I could stand in the dead of winter. There has to be a purpose..
don't wear any padding at all. I'm not recoil sensitive tho. I can shoot a 12 gauge with a hard plastic butt plate all day.

stuckinthe60s

thick jackets for rifle matches are to absorb the effects of heart beat on the front sight. has very little to do with recoil. besides, they don't call AR's mouse guns for nothing.

stuckinthe60s

older guns w/o pads were to allow guns to come up quick w/o catching on clothes. skeet use to be a low gun game, thus no skeet guns had pads. trap was a pre-mount game, thus trap guns had pads from the factory.