Does anyone still make "Bar and Dot" style night sights?

Patriot86

I am curious if anyone out there still makes what I call a "Bar and Dot" (Think older SIG. Beretta M9, or Khar style standard sights) night sight. I have found some references to Novak making some back in 2000-2003 but based on their web page it doesn't look like they make them anymore.

The closest thing to what I am looking for I have ever seen was this strange, large orange pyramid looking rear sight on a SIG with a TFO front.

For some reason I seem to be more accurate when shooting with the Bar/Dot arrangement than with 3 dot so if someone makes one as a night sight I would love to put a set on one of my guns and see what happens.

any direction from the TFL community is appreciated

Patriot86

Thanks Madcap_Magician! I had never seen XS's website before and that is actually exactly what I was looking for; getting a new 1911 commander size today and think I am going to order some of those and give em a try.

Madcap_Magician

I think the XS sights are more like lollipops than dot-the-i, but I am a fan. The Big Dot is actually too big, I think. It takes away too much precision while not adding any substantial speed compared to the Standard Dot. So unless your eyesight is pretty bad, I'd go with the Standard Dot.

Some guns are not available with a tritium rear sight, but I find the white line rear sight works fine.

Make sure you get the right sight set, or better yet, have your gunsmith order them. There are several cuts of 1911 XS sights.