Does anyone remember the old 500 magnum?

Action_Can_Do

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone here remembers an old cartridge called the 500 magnum that came out a good 12 years or so before the smith and wesson round. I recall seeing it in a gun magazine and believe it was called the 500 HWP magnum. I don't know if it was a wildcat cartridge or not. I remember seeing that it came in a five shot revolver in multiple barrel lengths but my memory is fuzzy about most of the details. No matter where I've looked I can't find any information about the round, but I know I didn't dream up the article. Wish I hadn't thrown out all my old gun magazines. If you think you have heard of it, please let me know.

S&W Junkie

I remember reading about the 500 Linebaugh in COTW a few years ago. It was nowhere near as popular a cartridge as the 475 Linebaugh. The 475 was actually a better round. The 500 S&W eclipses the 500 Linebaugh by a considerable margin.

The only .500 Magnum I've heard of other than the S&W round is a British sporting cartridge designed for African and Asian use, and which has been largely obsolete for decades.