Does anyone pocket carry a J Frame with 305 crimson trace grips?

TennJed

Another question about the j frame and crimson trace. The one I am looking at seems to come with the 305 grips which is the larger of the crimson trace grips for the J Frame. Are these too large for carry. Does anyone here carry with the 305 grips? Also if I decided to sell them and buy one if the smaller ones what would be a fair price for a almost new set of crimson trace 305 grips (if you can't tell I am a laser rookie :) )

MLeake

I am not sure if mine are the 305, but they are the boot grip length with the covered backstrap. They pocket carry just fine in the Mika.

My dad has the same grips on his, and they carry in his DeSantis.

If you like really tight fitting pants, or if you have very short pockets, they could pose a problem, but in that case most guns would.

blfuller

For pocket carry you may want to opt for the non rubberized version to prevent snagging in your pocket. The rubberized material tends to snag cloth, especially when you need to access it quickly.

MLeake

I have not had any fabric grabbing issues with CTC rubber. It's closer in "grabbiness" to plastic.

YMMV.

TennJed

Thanks for all the replies guys. I got a S&W 360j (38sp version) in a trade with the 305 grips. While the 305s are very comfortable, they did not fit in my pocket well so I sold them and just ordered a pair of the smaller polymer Crimson Trace 105s. I am a happy camper