Does anyone own a Smith & Wesson 317 22LR revolver with the 3" barrel ?

wolverine350

I got a chance to fondle one of these little guns and thought it was pretty neat, does anyone on here own one and how accurate is it:)

JB in SC

I had one a few years ago, a good concept for a hiker or fisherman. I thought it a suitable replacement for the S&W Model 43. The sleeved barrel makes it astonishingly light, difficult to shoot well.

I could have handled the light weight, but I found the silver polymer finish to be pretty fragile (even solvents will damage it). I would prefer the 317 with a real anodized finish (351PD). Even better would be a Melonite finish stainless cylinder with the anodized alloy frame.

pfgrone

I've owned one for a year or so. My only complaint is that I don't care for the sights - V rear and Hi-Viz florescent on the front. But this is a personal thing. I just prefer the old notch and post sights on all my other guns. I've thought about having them replaced but it's not a very high priority for me.

As far as accuracy goes, I don't shoot it enough to stay proficient with it. I am much more concerned with staying proficient with my carry guns so that's what I spend my time on. I really have no complaints about the S&W 317 though. I think it would be a good plinker.
Paul G.

pfgrone

If you're like me, once you get the itch, it's really only a matter of time before you have to scratch it. I think you would be happy with the 317 as a fun gun. You might also look at the Taurus 22lr revolvers. I don't own one but I haven't hear many bad comments about them.
Paul G.