Does anyone make this type of Carbine for Defense?

IanS

I know Ruger makes a Carbine in 9mm and .40 that accepts their P series magazines. And also about the kit for the Desert Eagle pistols that converts it to a carbine. But how about a formal carbine with a 10+ capacity in those powerful auto/revolver cartridges? 10mm? .44 Mag? .454 Casull? .50 AE?

Is the issue finding an action that can cycle these rounds reliably? There's no market for something like this?

yorec

Tony at Tromix builds some awesome uppers for the AR-15. Makes for some inspiring carbines I hafta say. Imagine firing a full auto supress carbine with ballistics similar to a 45-70!

Current production includes the .50 AE and 440 Corbon Mag in the size you specified. He also creates a .458 SOCOM monster and has plans for a .475 Tremors. Sadistic!

I understand he's also checked out the .44 mag for the AR and is open to suggestions. Contact him if you are serious - he'll help.

Link to his page: http://tromix.com/Welcome.htm

Some cool stuff there.

Navy joe

A little under-powered for your taste but you can always get a marlin levergun in .357 with 9+1 cap. The bigger calibers are there, lower cap, rather PC looking.

P

PreserveFreedom

Ruger makes a semi-auto 44 Magnum carbine, but it has half of your desired capacity.

IanS

yorec,

Those are some AWESOME GUNS! Those are the Desert Eagles of Assault Carbines. I was grinning from ear to ear just thinking about touching off some of those monster rounds.:D

Cool but expensive to shoot for those who don't reload, but a .44 Mag version wouldn't be that bad either. Thanks for the link.

yorec

I'm still savin' I looked over his page again after posting and saw that he does make a .44 mag too. It's not listed with the usual production calibers, but he has a picture of a 5/8 " group shot at 50 yards with a .44 Mag "sledgehammer."

Drool... :cool: