Does anyone make slim SIG grips?

Axion

If I could change one thing about my Sig-229 it'd be that the grips are slightly thicker then ideal for me and the shape of the grip is not conducive to a "thumbs high" grip. So, does anyone sell slimmer grips for the 229?

saltydog452

I have a Sig 228 and short, fat, arthritic, saussage fingers that presented me with such the same situtation.

What i found was that there aren't (that I know of) any grip panels available thats appreciably thinner than the OEM plastic. Wood can't get much thinner than OEM plastic w/o risking spilts or cracks.

That said, Hoage can use a 'take-off' set of smooth plastic grip panels and checker them. Using a tape measure, there isn't a measurable difference in the girth. The reality is though, the 'felt' reduction in girth with the checkered grip panels is significant. The cost, if I remember right, was 45.00.

A visit with the folks at a Sig forum may offer other suggestions, but thats the best that I have found.

salty.

BerettaBuckeye

The recently released Hogue aluminum grips are supposed to be thinner. I personally have never used ( or even held ) a set so I'm just passing along some unverified info:cool:

Axion

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I can't register on the SIG forum because of their list of banned e-mail providers.

dave421

One of the Hogue guys posted on sigforum that the alumagrips are supposed to be the thinnest available. If I'm not mistaken, you can find them on Hogue's website.

IM_Lugger

what grips do you have now?

I heard wood grips are pretty think, and know that Houge rubber are thicker than factory plastic once (which is probaly as thin as it gets)

btw if you get a 'Sig short trigger' it will reduce the the trigger reach and might make the grips feel samller

Axion

I have the factory plastic grips now and the Sig short trigger. As is the gun fits me well, I just feel that if the grips were slimmer, especially up top, it would fit even better.