does anyone here own or compete with a rem 3200?

bladesmith 1

How many replies would depend on what web site you went to. Trapshooters.com would have many replies to your question, not so much here.

stuckinthe60s

trapshooters is a crap hole.
im more interested in knowing if good members here on firing line has some 3200 owners. I mean afterall, it has a shotgun forum, right?

bobn

i am a moron. i had the valmet version of one. i believe that's who rem sold the rights to the gun. paid 600 for it. sold it back for the 600 for a bullpup rifle.

bladesmith 1

The 32 was brought out in 1931 - bad times for anything. WW11 brought an end to it in 1947. The rights were sold to Krieghoff who is still making it to this day. In 1973 Remington cam out with the 3200. It had a lock time of .0018 of a second, the fastest of any gun ever made. It was only made for 9 years. Laib's Gunsmithing in Minnesota can make any repair necessary Phone # 320-796-2686.
The one complaint was they were a bit heavy, but then that's what target shooters like. Three of the guys at my club shoot em all the time. I had one but sold it to one of the guys. At 76, my scores started to drop at the end of a round. New owner is a bit more stout than me.
I have never heard of a " valment" version of the 3200. At one time Remington tried having some of their guns made in Russia, and that didn't work out.

Jim Watson

Good solid guns, I shot the first one in my state, but it did not fit me as well as others, so I didn't buy one.

I don't know the licensing arrangements - the patent must be long expired - but Valmet in Finland has made the type even including combination guns and double rifles. The shotguns do not have the Remington/Krieghoff separated barrels but the rifles and combos do because of the smaller O.D. of a rifle barrel.

GE-Minigun

I have one that was my fathers, with Purbaugh sub-gauge tubes. He never got the update done and from what I understand if it wasn’t done by a couple years ago, it’s too late as the parts are now vaporware. It’s a heavy gun especially with the 28 or 410 tubes in it, another thing (maybe for the update), has honest wear from being used. There are some issues with it from not having the update, if your interested PM me…not going to post here about them.

eastbank

a friend on our trap team uses one and does quite well with it, i have shot it ,but it does not fit me well(i use browning o/u,s), i have to realy work to shoot decent scores with the rem.

bladesmith 1

Ge, if you read my post above you'll see Laib's can do the up dates or anything necessary to make them run like new. Parts are not vaporware.