Does anyone have the stainless GP100 with 3 inch barrel?

Dogger

At the local gun shop, was checking one of these out in .357 magnum and I really liked it. Was curious to know if anyone owns one and can share some shooting impressions? Seems like a great compromise of weight, capacity, and size for a .357 boomer.

9x19

If it's anything like the 3" (not 2.5 or 4) S&W 686 I have, it is indeed a sweet shooting compromise barrel length.

Both of my shooting buddies have been waiting for me to sell the 686, but it ain't happening!

------------------
Make mine lean, mean, and 9x19!

sks

The GP100 stainless was my first "real" gun. Have shot thousands of rounds through it with no problems whatsoever. Very controllable even with hot .357 loads. The grips are very nice. It is also very accurate. Because of it's heavy build it can withstand the higher pressure rounds that some of the S&Ws can't.

jlflegal

My GP-100 has a 4" barrel and it pushed my 1911 aside as my favorite gun. I've sent over 1,000 rounds down the barrel in its first month and its one really super revolver. I don't even shoot the Colt any more, the revolver is so much more enjoyable.

I did not like the heavy trigger pull so I ordered a Wolff spring kit ($12) and used the lightest hammer spring. What a difference! It made a nice shooter turn into a pure delight.

The heavy construction tells me I can shoot all I want for my lifetime and so can my grandkids.

Off hand at 10 yds it will consistently put 'em all inside a two inch circle. At 25 yds with a rest full wad cutters will touch each other (wish I could shoot that good off hand! Maybe someday).

It shoots full wads the best with UMC FMJ's next in accuracy. Winclean groups are not good and shoot to the right. Semi-wads or any other lead bullets make a terrible mess! I have a real fetish for cleanliness so I've gone to using jacketed ammo almost exclusively.

I have a dislike for heavy recoil so I shoot .38 special ammo and the gun is a pure joy in this respect. No slamming of my hand nor much muzzle lift so rapid target reaquisition is possible.

Get one, you will enjoy it mucho!

kingknives

Your right Dogger! excellent compromise of size, weight and barrel length for a .357
I've actually owned two (one ported) and though I ended up selling them both I would not hesitate to get another. The SP101 is just a tad to small and the full size .357 a little to big. The grips fit perfect and it is well balanced and handles well. I also recommend some Wolff springs.
This is one under appreciated six shooter!

beastman

I have a GP100 with a 4" barrel. Wonderful gun! A pleasure to shoot and very accurate. I have put thousands of rounds through it and it just keeps going. I recently got a .40 auto and my wife is adopting the .357, but I will never stop shooting the GP100.

macondas

Hey guys tell me more about these GP100's. What S&W frame size do they resemble most?

How strong are they?

Thanks !!

------------------
**P.P.L.L.**

Gentlepersons, I apologize, when posting all of these, I kept getting the error message saying something about connection timing out. I sincerely hope that some moderator will delete my multi-taps.

mac

[This message has been edited by macondas (edited June 11, 2000).]

macondas

Hey guys tell me more about these GP100's. What S&W frame size do they resemble most?

How strong are they?

Thanks !!

------------------
**P.P.L.L.**

macondas

How strong are they?

Thanks !!

------------------
**P.P.L.L.**

macondas

How strong are they?

Thanks !!

------------------
**P.P.L.L.**

macondas

How strong are they?

Thanks !!

------------------
**P.P.L.L.**