Does anyone have experience with Wby. MKV Accumark?

Sgt. Mike

I am considering the purchase of either a Weatherby Mark V Accumark or a Mark V Fibermark Composite in .257 Weatherby Magnum. Has anyone had any experience with either of these two rifles? If so what do you get for accuracy at 100 yards with, say, a 100 grain bullet? Opinions and all help is appreciated. Thank you in advance. Sgt. Mike

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Weatherby's always guaranteed the Mark Vs to shoot three shots inside an inch at 100 yards. Now, a lot of their guns have "buggy whip" barrels, and therefore aren't likely to maintain that grouping as they heat up. (No different from a Mini-14. :D )

But, what counts in a hunting rifle is that the first shot, today, goes to the same place as it did last week.

I had to do a bit of forearm tweaking with my MkV, but it made a big difference. Free-floated and a light-pressure shim did wonders. With the Canjar trigger at two pounds, Life Is Good.

If the barrel is a medium-weight sporter for thickness, it oughta group quite nicely. That cartridge is sort of a .25-'06 on steroids...

Art

T. O'Heir

Make sure you can easily get ammo and brass for it locally. With 'Weatherby' in the name, it won't be cheap either. Midway, for example, wants $45.99 and up per 20.

wolfmann

Always heard good things about this rifle,saw a ad online once for a decent price they wouldnt hold it on a phone call,so i made the 1 hour drive.
GONE before i got there.
I cried.

HD2006

I am also considering one of the same rifle,(Mark V Accumark). I held one last weekend at one of the bigger sports stores in town. Black Stock with the Fluted Barrel, super smooth action. Had a hard time putting it back down! They wanted around $1349.00 for it. I am waiting until after Tax time before I make the splurge on this model, or maybe even a Sako 85. Unsure of what caliber for the Sako yet. Either way I am wanting one of each!! $$$$$::eek::D