does anyone have an x-bolt in 270 wsm

JRP2

I have hunted with an A-bolt 300 win mag for 12 years. I am very happy with my hunting rifle and it shoots below 1" at 300 yards. I use high energy federal premeum rounds that are rated at around 3200 fps but am having a hard time finding more ammo so I am contemplating a move to a lighter bullet and resighting. However I would like a new X-bolt for hunting and have my eye on the 270wsm. Has anyone had any experience with this rifle and what kinda patterns are you getting?

MontyCop05

My primary has been a R700 in 300 Win Mag also. I'm getting an X Bolt soon myself. I've been debating between a .270 and .270 WSM Seems if your not planning on reloading, .270 is the better bet, seeing as it's availibility is much greater, not to mention cheaper to boot. I've also been told that the WSM's are more prone to shooting out a barrel quicker if your putting a decent amount of rounds through it while practicing. Don't know if there is any truth to it, it's just what I've been told. Needless to say I'll be watching this thread closely.

jgcoastie

I've owned a .270 WSM in an A-Bolt. I wasn't handloading at the time and ammo was pricey, so I sold it. But while I had it, I liked it and I wish I hadn't sold it.

I have an X-Bolt in .308 Win that I love. Great shooting rifle. Mine's the Varmint Stalker with the medium-heavy bull barrel, so it mostly sees the bench at the range.

trooper3385

I have a A bolt in a 270 WSM and 300 win mag. Both are tack drivers and I've been very happy with them. My wife bought me a 300 WSM this year in the X bolt. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but so far everything looks great on it. The trigger is the best I've seen out of the box. I like real light triggers, and this one from the factory doesn't need any adjusting. I'm not sure if there all like that or I just got lucky, but I have heard a lot of good reviews about the triggers on the X bolt. I'm not selling any of them, but if I had to pick one, I would go with the X bolt. Let's just hope it shoots as good as the A bolt once I get it to the range.