Does Anyone Carry the PX4 "Compact Carry"?

Cosmodragoon

Hey everybody. I rather like the Beretta PX4 Storm. The low profile levers are practically a requirement for concealed carry. Being DA/SA with decocker fits my carry needs. The reason I don't have one in my carry rotation is that it's fairly large.

Well, there is a compact version. It's still thick but reduces height and length. There is also a special "Compact Carry" edition that comes with the low-profile levers installed. It has some other upgrades and I'm not sure I care about all of them. I'm curious to know if anyone has one of these and carries it.

How do you carry it? How does it feel all day? Do you like all the upgrades? If you only cared about the levers, sights, and trigger weight; would it be worth upgrading the basic model? I'm also curious to hear about felt recoil and overall handling if anyone has the .40 S&W version. (I only ask because the full-sized PX4 might be the softest-shooting polymer-framed handgun in .40 S&W.)

TunnelRat

When I've priced it out before, if you didn't care about the cerakote of the Compact Carry you can buy and install the parts yourself for fairly cheap. Combine that with the fact that you can sometimes find PX4 Compacts for pretty cheap and you can save not an insubstantial amount of money making your own.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cyanide971

I have both a factory DAO Full-size model as well as a Compact that I’m waiting to get back from being converted to DAO and with a Langdon 12# mainspring. Both get carried IWB from time to time in addition to several others in my rotation (depending on mood).

My compact model has the stealth levers to maintain as thin a slide profile as possible, and I have the Compact Carry style sights ready and waiting to be installed ASAP (black rear, front night sight w/orange outline). Other than that the only further mod will be getting the grip stippled.

Shoots great and carries well, equally the same as my Glock 19 or CZ P-07, and gives no issues with comfort even after wearing it during my usual 14-16 hour days.

JMag1

Love my PX4 Compact 9mm...hidden gem. I am adding stealth levers and making it a G model, decocker only. The rotary barrel is sweet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Armed_Chicagoan

I bought my PX4 Compact before the Compact Carry model existed. Over the years I added night sites, the Beretta competition trigger, and turned it into a "decocker only" G model. The last part just entails removing a small ball bearing and spring, no additional parts are needed. So I basically turned it into a poor man's Compact Carry over the years before it was even available lol.

Cosmodragoon

Thanks for all the replies so far. For some of you who've stepped up but haven't mentioned:

1. how do you carry your PX4?

2. what kind of holster do you use?

3. how comfortable is it relative to other guns you've carried?

I would love to own one. Would love the rotating barrel of the Compact, but really like the sub compact. From what I understand they both are very reliable and shoot close to the same. I am leaning to the sub-compact because I like smaller guns and the love the Nano which has proven to be a exceptionally fine gun. If I were to think about the larger gun, I would also consider the Grand Power.

Cyanide971

Thanks for all the replies so far. For some of you who've stepped up but haven't mentioned:

1. how do you carry your PX4?

2. what kind of holster do you use?

3. how comfortable is it relative to other guns you've carried?

1. IWB @ 3 to 4 o’clock.

2. Stealthgear Mini Ventcore Holster. I previously used a Winthrop Leather IWB, but it would tend to get a little uncomfortable near the last few hours of my day due to it’s quarter-off edge design (still comfortable for shorter durations, however).

3. I have no issues carrying it all day long, as a normal day for me from the time I put it on until I take it off is anywhere from 14 to 16 hours (or any of my other firearms).

Cosmodragoon

I would love to own one. Would love the rotating barrel of the Compact, but really like the sub compact. From what I understand they both are very reliable and shoot close to the same. I am leaning to the sub-compact because I like smaller guns and the love the Nano which has proven to be a exceptionally fine gun. If I were to think about the larger gun, I would also consider the Grand Power.
I really like the rotating barrel in the PX4 Storm. I think it's part of what makes the full-sized PX4 so comfortable to shoot in .40 S&W. It made me wish that they made a long-slide version in 10mm. Of course, that's wishful thinking.

Grand Power might have the real deal. Their P40L is the long-slide version of their P40 and comes in 10mm. :)

RETG

I only carry my full size PX4, 40, when I'm camping, which is almost all summer. I have two different DeSantis OWB holsters (one black, one brown). Since I usually camp in areas known to have full size animals (that being larger than squirrels, raccoons and coyotes) I often carry open.

It is quite comfortable to carry. I have no complaints.