does anybody make a better sight for the hk usp compact

kidcoltoutlaw

i shoot my sig's great but i hate the sight on the hk i hate dots.how about a sight like the sig 2 white boxes you just line them up.stack them on top of each other and you get groups under 2 inches at 25 yards.the trigger does not hit my finger in a natural spot like the sig does ,that may have something to do with it.but i think a better sight would help.it does not have to be a night sight.are the ashley sights any good for shooting tight groups,thanks,keith

rocko

rocko

Well, H&K does make a sight pusher for removal/installation of the USP sights - if anyone in your area is an HK certified armorer, they should have one. However, they can be drifted out with a brass punch. I've only done it once when I replaced mine with the factory night sights - sort of a pain, but doable as long as you are careful. I'm not sure if the base of the sight is of the same width as the factory sights, but it is good to mark the location of the factory ones with a pencil first so it is easier to position the new ones.

I've never used the ashley ones myself, but I'd say just by looking at them they are made with speed in mind and pinpoint accuracy a distant 2nd. I think any of the "dot" systems are to some extent, as they put your point of aim "through" the front site (what the front sight dot is covering is where it is supposed to hit) rather than sitting on top of the front sight like an unmarked on.

Brian

kidcoltoutlaw

i have a sight pusher.now i need a different sight something that is not 3 dots.i like the sig dot the i sight.im going to black out the left anf right dots and see it it helps any.

kidcoltoutlaw

i blacked out the rear sights now it shoots great.tried some different targets to.just had to get use to the trigger.now i need a 40 barrel for it to .

john from md

Kid Colt, what kind of sight pusher do you have?

Does it work on Sigs, Hk's and 1911's? My brothe has macular deterioration and we found that moving his sights allows him to shoot to center again. I don't want to buy a sight pusher for each model as they are too expensive. Any ideas would help.