doe taken with muzzle loader on wednesday

eastbank

nice doe taken on wednesday with a tc hawken .50 rock lock. i would like to brag about the shot,but i was aiming at the lung area and hit it in the neck. a real killing shot,but not one i would try at 80 yds on purpose. eastbank.

Last edited:

Pahoo

Two good shots !!

That sidelock on top of the deer, sures make for a pretty picture. This one is sure going to cook up good. ... :D

Be Safe !!!

PunchinPaper

Congrats!! Nice doe!& Nice Rifle!
I keep having a couple of guys telling me "you need to start shootin those deer in the neck, they will be DRT"
Just wondering....
How did that neck shot work for you ,a DRT?

Jack O'Conner

Looks like a genuine dinner table trophy to me. Thanks for sharing.

Your handsome rifle reminds me of the Jerimiah Johnson movie.

Jack

12GaugeShuggoth

Hey sometimes it's better to be lucky than good ;), had a bow kill that was similar, aimed for the vitals but she jumped the string and ended up hitting her in the neck. In any case, good deer!

eastbank

i don,t know what happened as i was leaning against a tree, she may have moved but i,ll bet it was me who moved. she went right down and floped a few times. i reloaded as fast as i could but it wasn,t needed. lucky me. here is a picture of last years flint lock doe. eastbank.

Last edited:

Kreyzhorse

You might have missed shot but you still thankfully took her down quickly. Some times it is better to be lucky than good. Congrats.