Do you plan to own mostly, or only milsurps?

Well, the virus seems to be incurable, except to buy another (last night), after evaluating several choices for weeks.

Last edited:
To me, mil surps are like old cars, while the new cars are nice, its just something about the old ones that make them more appealing to me.
Give me a hot rod!:D

Yes

Vz 52, finish mosin nagant, russian mosin nagant, chilean Mauser, and type 99. I love the prices the different ammo and strange features.

rdmallory

I buy both but currently don't have a C&R.
I have thought about it but Buds only charges me $10 for the transfer and I am not restricted in selling them for a profit. (Never have but want to keep the option open)

Just picked up SKS at Cabelas for $179. On sale for $199 and they have a coupon for $20 off any purchase over $150.

Doug

Cheapshooter

I am not restricted in selling them for a profit. (Never have but want to keep the option open)

The C&R license doesn't restrict you from selling at a profit, only not acting as a dealer. If as you say you don't intend to sell your milsurps regularly, you can sell them at any price you want to "improve" your collection. I think the only problem would occur would be if your bound book showed numerous simultaneous acquisitions, and dispositions. I think that would be a red flag to the BATF. Otherwise, if you saw a C&R that you just had to have, and wanted to sell one you already own to buy it there would be no problem.

Wish I had more

8deafbf6.jpg

zfk55

The ratio here is 3 to one for milsurps out of some 80+ rifles with all of the milsurps being Swiss rifles.

firewrench044

not surplus
Bushmaster AR15 (223)
I use it in competion matches ( 200,300and 600 yards )

Other non surplus firearms
S&W 6906 (9MM)
S&W 3913 (9MM) for CCW (winter )
Walther PPK (380) for CCW (summer)

It was foolish not to have acquired the C&R license. Should have done it three years ago.

Tikirocker:
Do you have any Youtube videos anything like the Enfields owned by your fellow Ozmate "Jollygreenslug"?