Do you have a Barrett M107A1

TXAZ

pix128404705.jpg

I recently purchased a Barrett M107A1 with QDL supressor and Steiner scope.

Wondering how many others here have one and any suggestions you could offer to a newby.

Last edited:

Tucker 1371

Congrats! I briefly owned an M82A1, had to sell it when my truck blew a head gasket.

For the cheapest ammo go to freedom munitions.com and look at their reman API. Should run you about $2.75/round after shipping.

For the most accurate ammo (supposedly) ThunderAmmo makes a Match82 load that will both fit in the magazine and (supposedly) squeeze the best accuracy out of your rifle. Prepare to pay about $70 for a box of 10.

As I'm sure you've probably read, these things aren't tack drivers. They are anti-material rifles. Rare examples of the M82A1 will reach 1.5 MOA with lovingly handloaded and tailor made ammo. Your M107A1 should definitely do 1.5 with good ammo, maybe better.

Now that cheap M8 API, you're looking at minute-of-car-door. But it's really fun to shoot into hard things and watch the incendiary compound ignite. A buddy and I turned a bunch of big rocks into smaller rocks one day with APIs. Cinder blocks will NOT set them off though. You need metal or natural rock.

The barrett rifles forum will turn up some good info using the search function but if you post go ahead and get yourself a comfy chair and some popcorn. I think one of my posts on there waited 3 months for a reply. It's dead.

Tucker 1371

Almost forgot. DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT shoot API rounds at anything hard under 100yds. I know this might seem like a no brainer but my buddy wanted a hole punched in a 8"x4" piece of steel he had sitting around, just to put on his wall.

I had a little trouble hitting it at 200yds and we were running out of daylight so we moved closer to 40yds, bad idea. I fired and after the shot broke we heard a "thud" behind us. Turns out the steel penetrator had sailed through the steel but the copper jacket had peeled off and gone in the opposite direction, back towards us. Luckily it had bounced harmlessly off of a barn door about 75 yards behind us. Luck was on our side that day, had the angle been any different it could have come back and would most certainly have killed or seriously injured one of us.

Last edited:

DaleA

The spotter position---well, if you think you're able to handle this level of expertise...

attachment.php

spotter01.jpg

Last edited: