Do you buy/build/collect items for activities in which you don't participate anymore?

rickyrick

I find myself with less opportunities to shoot, but more money to buy stuff than in the past.

My real favorite pass time was coyote hunting, followed up by pig hunting. Since I moved to Washington from Texas, I don't hunt anymore. As I'm acquiring items for my gun related stuff, I still find myself configuring things for my pass times that I don't even participate in anymore.

Do any of you find yourself buying for an activity or shooting style that you are not currently engaged in...?

I guess I feel that my hiatus is only temporary and that someday I'll return to the hunt.

g.willikers

I still have a closet full of scuba gear, even though we haven't done any of that in years.
We both still have our archery gear, too, even though we got too creaky for doing that.
Does that count?

jdscholer

I like to get old bicycle tire pumps for some reason.:) Some of them, I'll fix up with new check valves and such. Others will be restored to original. Kinda wierd for a gun nut eh. jd

Skans

Guns are different than other hobbies. I don't buy stuff for any other hobbies I'm not actively involved in any longer. Guns are simply fun to collect.

Machineguntony

Lots of gun collectors never shoot their guns. To that kind of collector, it's like collecting art. They just own it to admire it, say that they own it, and to show. I could never collect art.

Skans

I have lots of guns that I never shoot. But, the guns I do shoot, I shoot quite a bit. When it comes down to it, there are really only about 4 pistols I like to shoot; 2 rifles and 2 shotguns.