do-it-yourself match timer?

braindead0

I'd like to build a timer for practice purposes, nothing fancy as anything beats yelling "bzzzzzzzt" ;-).

The main reason I'd prefer to build is.. I've probably got most of the stuff I need..

Any sites with schematics? Tried searching the net at large, far too many irrelevant hits.

Christopher II

Probably the easiest way would be to use a Basic Stamp PIC with a little 2x16 smart LCD for output and a transducer of some kind to detect the reports. I can't see building a multi-shot timer without a micro of some kind.

What kind of timer did you have in mind?

- Chris

braindead0

Don't need multi-shot that's for sure.. I'm not sure what kinda our local folks are using for IDPA, but they seem to be all the same with the same buzzer..

Just need a start/stop button and a buzzer on start... that's all I can think that I'd need..

Sifu Davo

Match Timer

Hi Fellas

I got a little battery powered timer from Tandy for about US$10.

It counts up or down, tells the time, has a clip so you can clip it to your clothing - enabling you to hit the Stop button after a series of shots. It also has a magnet (so you could always stick it on a non-stainless steel gun).

Sifu Davod:cool:

braindead0

The problem is, I need the buzzer.. does the tandy timer have a buzzer? I've got a stop watch and my wife and I take turns timing each other..

Just getting tired of yelling "bbzzzzzzzt".