Ditched the Hip Grip for a Desantis Clip Grip

Dragline45

Haven't seen any talk about these so ill throw my 2 cents in. Just got the Desantis Clip Grip to replace my Barami Hip Grip and Tyler T combo. I gotta say I prefer the Desantis compared to Baramis version not only for looks but also for usability. First off the Desantis at $20 was $5 cheaper than Baramis, and throw in another $25 for a T-grip and your looking at $50 for a Barami combo compared to $20 for the Desantis. I also like the clip design better on the Desantis. It's slightly smaller and a little tighter to the gun so it doesn't move around even the slightest when its in my waistband.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG00136-20110929-1349.jpg
    IMG00136-20110929-1349.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 896
  • IMG00144-20110929-1353.jpg
    IMG00144-20110929-1353.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 884
Last edited:

skidder

That ain't a bad idea. Do they make one for the sp101? I'm left handed, and I like how it could work for the outside of your clothes.

Dragline45

That ain't a bad idea. Do they make one for the sp101? I'm left handed, and I like how it could work for the outside of your clothes.

Unfortunately neither Desantis or Barami offer it for the SP101, not sure why.

Amazing it took so long for someone to finally make a better Hip Grip.

I know right? I always wondered why either Barami never updated their very generic version or a competitor never came out with their own until now. Collins Crafts makes a similar grip in wood called the Lip Grip. Now only if they came out with rubber versions of the Desantis, untill then im thinking of getting a hogue handall to slip over.

Looks good, works well?

Works great, I mean the Barami worked on the same level but I do prefer the Desantis clip as well as the overall looks. As I mentioned the clip is a tad smaller than the goofy looking barami clip and it holds the gun more secure. I could do cartwheels and the thing wouldnt fall out. I will note that I had to take some sandpaper to where my middle finger wraps around the grip, there was kind of a rough edge that I smoothed out, now no longer a problem.

Last edited: