Dissapointed Model 21

41special

Well I just unwrapped my brand new non-thunder ranch Model 21, and I'll have to say I'm kinda dissapointed.

I love the gun, however the overall fit and finish is in my opinion lacking compared to the M25 and M57 MG's I have.

Tool marks on the top strap, charge holes, and butt.

And some kind of forging flaw under the yoke.

Love the gun, but for the money, they could have been a little more detailed.

Was thinking about a M22, but maybe not now.

Is mine just a bad one ?

Or is this the state of the game at S&W ?

DPris

Member Emeritus
The 21s had QC problems, I'm not hearing or seeing anywhere near the same variety & number of complaints on the 22s. The major one for most people on the 22s is the sight regulation.
Denis

somerled

I was starting to get my hopes up when I saw the unpimped Model 21 and the 22 on the Smith and Wesson site. 41special, your report is beginning to make me wonder if I should just buy three or maybe four polymer-framed pistols for the price of the two S&Ws.

Sir William

I wanted to purchase a M21, the QC was pathetic AND I considered the example I had, UNSAFE TO FIRE! I wanted to try some Mountain Guns in 44 and 45, fit and finish were terrible. I have thought about the M325 in 45 ACP. The examples I have checked over do not inspire my credit card to leap onto the counter thoogh. I enjoy N frame S&Ws. I simply have not found a new one up to my expectations.

somerled

Shades of Bangor Punta/Lear Siegler? Tell me it isn't that bad. I haven't shelled out money for a new S&W in quite some time. Those new N-frame, fixed-sight rigs did get me checking the bank balance.

Jack Malloy

Just remember this when some new age gunwriter who never worked on the border patrol or as a game guide tries to con you into thinking todays guns are better than ever.

Two peice barrells, key locks....These guys may have been born yesterday, but I wasnt!