Dillon RT-1200B case trimmer. I have ?????

Randy 1911

Does anyone use the Dillon RT-1200B case trimmer? I am thinking of getting one. Using my manual trimmer makes my shoulder and elbow hurt too much. I know I can call Dillon, but all they would tell me is how great it is. Has anybody had problems? Before I spend this much money, I want to know the pro's and con's. I will only be using it for 223 Rem.

one of the best gadgets since sliced bread:D

I have had one since the time Dillon introduce it in Mid 80's
used it to trim out ammo crates full of 7.62 and 5.56
definitely used for mass production
consistency in your set up is the key

Set mine up on a Rock chucker, the vacuum attachement has a little to be desired (don't use it in the spare bed room):D

order extra blades

i don't use it for anything precision I'll stick to my Forester with the drill attachement

jmorris

The Dillon is the fasted way to trim brass that I know of. You can size and trim 1800 rounds an hour no problem with out ever touching a single case. It’s expensive, makes a lot of noise (you are running a vacuum too), can’t be used for every rifle round, and doesn’t turn or chamfer. Despite the negatives, it’s still the way to go if you have buckets full of brass to process.

trimmer.jpg

If you’re just looking for something that takes less effort, I have an old forester trimmer that I use every now and then I just hooked up a used auto power window motor to it. It was free and the machine can trim almost every rifle case you’ll come across.

DSC02033.jpg

Randy 1911

Of all the devices I've seen, I think I will go with the Dillon. The thing I like about the Dillon is that it trims while sizing.

The biggest problem I have with the manual trimmers is that turning the crank and pushing in on the handle makes my elbow and shoulder hurt after doing just a few.

medalguy

I've loaded thousands of 223, 308, and 30-06 cases on my Dillon. Fast and easy says it all. I would never go back to a hand trimmer for my brass except for those odd calibers like .270 and .303 British. The only drawback is the vac noise. I overcame that by putting the vac outside my loading room which is a walled off portion of my garage. I cut a small hole in the wall, ran the hose and extension cord out the hole and repacked it with insulation, and now all I have to do is flip the switch in the shop and I'm ready to go. Nice and quiet. When I'm done I go into the garage and empty the vac and I'm ready to go again.