Dillon handle on a Lee Classic

rdmallory

Has anyone put a Dillon 550b roller handle on a Lee Classic turret?

The Lee wooden ball is killing me resizing 5.7x28 due to the amount of pressure it takes to push the shoulder back.

Doug

What kind of trouble are you having?

The ball causing blisters on your palm?

I have the same problem with my Lee. I've taken to wearing a golf glove when I reload.

rdmallory

It puts my fingers to sleep after a while. The ball putting pressure at the base of my fingers. I have some fingerless gloves I think I will try one of those and see if it helps.

I did notice Dillon is now selling the "Basic" version of the 550b without the powder loader and primer station. I prime off the press and my lee disk powder drop should work on the Dillon. Just don't look forward to having to buy all the die holders over again.

Doug

wncchester

"The Lee wooden ball is killing me resizing 5.7x28 due to the amount of pressure it takes to push the shoulder back."

Perhaps replacing the ball with a larger one would help?

Ref. the bent handle rod, isn't the handle angle adjustable? And wouldn't it be easy to change the handle angle sufficent to prevent any need to bend over?

CrustyFN

Take the wooden ball off and put one of these on, it makes a world of difference.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

flashhole

That handle on Ultimate Reloader is pretty slick. My bench height makes the problem a non issue. I've never experienced a problem with the ball handle but I do admire that 3 ball.

BigJakeJ1s

That's the reason I did not like the short handle for my co-ax. The ball grip on it was uncomfortable after a while. I switched back to the regular tubular-gripped handle.

Andy

wogpotter

Ref. the bent handle rod, isn't the handle angle adjustable? And wouldn't it be easy to change the handle angle sufficent to prevent any need to bend over?
The handle will rotate about the axis of the mounting bolt, but that's it for adjustability.
I bought one & can't get comfortable with it no matter what I do I took it off & went back to the ball.:eek: