Dillon caliber conversion's

Coldiron

I want to use my Dillon XL650 to reload 45, 308 and 243, will the same caliber conversion kit work for all of them?

David Wile

Hey Coldiron,

I'm not sure what you are asking, but if you intend to reload "45, 308, and 243" cartridges, you would need die sets for each caliber and probably one shell plate for the 308 and the 243 and a second shell plate for the 45. I am not sure what a caliber conversion kit is, and if I missed the barn by 12 yards, please forgive me.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile

SDC

The calibre conversion kit has a number of pieces in it (shellplate, powder funnel, locater pins, locator, bushings) but some of these definitely need to be changed to load different calibres. For the 3 you've mentioned, the same shellplate and locator pins would work for all three, but they'd need at least separate powder funnels for each one, since they operate on a different length and bullet diameter for each one. Dillon has excellent customer service, and their printable manuals cover the conversion kits, and which parts can be used for which calibres; for the XL650 conversions, you can look at pp.44-46 here: http://www.dillonprecision.com/docs/13524_-_XL650_32-60.pdf

73-Captain

The .45 ACP, .308W and .243W use the SAME shell plate and "Station 1 Locator".

If you buy a .45 ACP "Caliber Conversion Kit" for your XL650,

you will need the following additional parts to load the .308W...

Powder Funnel - "B"

Casefeed Arm Bushing - "Rifle"

Casefeed Adapter - "13541"

Locator Pins - "4"

you will need the following additional parts to load the .243W...

Powder Funnel - Don't know exact number but you will need a .24 rifle funnel

NO other parts are required.

C.