Dillon 650

branrot

I finally ordered it in 9mm. GRUNT GRUNT GRUNT. Almost went for the Square Deal, but decided to jump in with both feet. Got the press, the dies, a scale, a caliper and a reloading manual. Decided to hold off on the strong mount, roller handle and case feeder. Is there anything I'm missing short of components?

blades67

A tumbler and case/media separator along with some crushed corn cob media. Also a case guage would be a good addition to the kit.

branrot

Blades. Why do I need that. I was under the impression that the tumbler was only for rifle rounds. Am I wrong?

LilJoe

Tumbler

How do you plan on cleaning your brass after they have been fired once? Tumbler makes it nice and easy!

HankL

I agree with the tumbler. You will also need a primer tray. A case lenght guage would be helpful. You will most likely lose the brass before you need a trimmer . HTH

Waitone

I second the case guage

Primer flip tray is necessary

2 bench wrenches make life easy

How will you get addicted to shiny brass without a tumbler. Everyone knows you shoot better when your brass is shiny. Do a search on "case cleaning" or "tumblers" and you'll learn more than you care to know. Corn cob media can be obtained at any pet store.

Additional primer tubes are nice since you can load them off-line and have them ready for loading.