Digital caliper

CrustyFN

I just wanted to let everybody know that Harbor Freight has digital calipers for $7.99. I bought one today and it works great.
Rusty

amamnn

I have a digital caliper as well as a digital micrometer and a digital depth gage on my RCBS casemaster and I would never go back. Oh, and a digital scale and powder measure too. I guess I'm just a digital kind of guy............:eek:

flutedchamber

Crusty,

Those digital calipers are great, as long as you don't forget that they are accurate to only .001. That variance is not bad if you are measuring cartridge OAL, but if you are measuring the diameter of a bullet that is supposed to be .224, you must realize that the caliper may read .223 or .225. Basically, take everything with a grain of salt when you use cheap calipers.

arkie2

Man, I wish I could get a pair of digital calipers. Mine are calibrated in inches and I use a calculator to convert to digital. It works but it's just one more step I have to perform.

skeeter1

tINY--

Like you, I like dial vernier calipers just fine. The last thing I need it one more thing that need batteries. I got one of these:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/g9808

It only goes out to 4", but that's enough for my needs, and it was only 11 bucks. If you search their site, they also have 6", 8", and 12" models.

It's stainless steel and manufactured in China, but as far as I can tell, it's accurate as all get out!

CrustyFN

I just bought a dial caliper and I have to admit, I like it better than the digital. This is the first time I used one and they are easier to use than I thought.