Difficulty finding springfield mil-spec

vikingextreme93

Does anyone know if springfield produces its handguns in runs not constant production? it seems that its impossible to find a mil spec right now.

Auto426

I believe that Springfield does produce their guns in runs, like many other manufacturers. The Mil-specs are made in Brazil along with the G.I.'s and the Loaded's, and it seems like Springfield concentrates most of it's time into producing the different varieties of the Loaded series, as they are most likely the top sellers.

However, this is not an uncommon problem. I'm not sure if it's just limited production or the huge popularity of the Mil-Spec line, but they are always hard to find. Just shop around the internet and keep checking you local gun stores, if you are lucky you will find one for a decent price.

vikingextreme93

Yeah I figured the mil spec must be somewhat limited production, go figure! when I wasnt in the market I could find them no problem but now, now dice

Auto426

I'm with you on that one. When I was looking into purchasing my first 1911, I decided to go with the Springfield G.I. I went to my local dealer and he told me plain and simple that he just couldn't get his hands on one. I was fortunate though that Bud's gun shop had received a shipment of them and I was able to get one for a good price.

I'm going through it all over again though, as now I'm trying to buy a Colt 1911. Colt produces handguns the same way, in production runs, however they don't produce nearly as many pistols as Springfield does. They are also in high demand, so it's very hard to locate when, and usually when you do the price is jacked up because of their limited availability.