differences between Norinco & Tokarev

specifically the Norinco 213, & the Tokarev T-54... anyone own both... any idea what the chances are that the parts would be close enough than some may interchange???

reason for my question, is my retired machinist buddy while cleaning out his shop, found a frame & slide he'd stashed away long ago & forgot about, for a 213... he knows what they are selling for, but has time to kill, & is wanting to buy, or make the parts needed to put a gun together... if some of the Tokarev parts would fit, or could be "fitted" it would cut down on the work

James K

Member In Memoriam
Except for the safety on the Norinco, which was added so it could be imported into the U.S., the guns are identical and parts should interchange.

Jim

thanks for the replies... I was wondering how close the tolerances were, & if the parts could actually interchange with minimal fitting...

shaunpain

I am sure that all parts should be the same with the exception of barrel and magazine. I've often seen the 213 sold with a spare Type 54-1 barrel and additional magazines. In essence, everything should be identical to the TT-33 so the diagrams should work no problem. He just has to decide what caliber, or both, to stick with. Not a bad problem to have!