Did some shooting today. Pics and Video

Samdweezel05

So we set out today to blow stuff up. Backyard balistic testing is always fun if you do it correctly and safely. Weapons were mostly revolvers but we did slip a couple of automatics into the mix. Here is the lay out.

DSCF0815.jpg

DSCF0816.jpg

Revolvers from top to botom are,

Smith & Wesson .500, 8 3/8" barrel
Smith & Wesson Modle 66-2 .357 mag, 4" Barrel
Smith & Wesson Modle 629-1 .44 Mag, 6" Barrel
Taurus Raging Bull, .454 Casull, 6 3/8" Barrel

First up was the Modle 66-2 .357 mag and my sidekicks inability to shoot. Even though he wasn't the greatest shot he managed to hit the barrel full of water and I was not very impressed by the results. It was using 158gr factory ammo.

Next up was my 629-1 in .44 mag. Still nothing to get excited about. Ammo used was factory Hornady 300gr XTP. I know alot of guys like this round and I am one of them but the performance of it really doesn't do anything for me.

Now it gets a little better. This my my Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull. I know there are alot of Taurus haters here and I know the rounds performance really has nothing to do with the weapon it is shot from but this revolver has been a pleasure to own. Rounds used were again, factory hornady loaded with a 250gr XTP. We only used factory ammo in everyhting to keep it fair,

Last but not least is the .500 Smith & Wesson. I do realize the my sidekick can not shoot to save his life but it was his gun and he wanted to do the shooting. Ammo used for this one was factory Bullseye 350gr flying ashtrays. We also used some 440gr CorBon but it did nothing to the barrel. Hole in and hole out. Bullets were very hard and did not expand at all.

More pictures to follow in next post.

Phil

Samdweezel05

So here are some of the bullets we collected after the shooting was over.

DSCF0830.jpg

From left to right
.22lr, 9mm, .45aco, .38 spl, .357 mag, .44 mag, .454 Casull, .500 S&W
DSCF0833.jpg

DSCF0834.jpg

DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0829.jpg

Tuzo

Great show!

What is impressive is how the barrels jumped. Reminds me of cans hit by a .22 but with a great difference of scale. Did you shoot the AR at the same targets?

Samdweezel05

We did not get to shoot the AR today. We ran out of time. Once we get a little more organized and have some time to do some loading for all of the pistols we are going to do it again. Next time will include the AR and a 10ga 3 1/2" slug. One of the other videos I have shows one of the barrels jumping about a foot in the air, full of water and landing on it's side. I was very impressed.

Phil

dustball8504

Sweet collection! I bet that was a lot of fun.

Nice truck also, judging by the stacks I'd say it is a little far from stock eh?

Samdweezel05

Sweet collection! I bet that was a lot of fun.

Nice truck also, judging by the stacks I'd say it is a little far from stock eh?

It was fun. Can't believe some one saw the y pipe in the bed.

Phil

B.N.Real

Very nice collection and summation.

Not much beats a great day of shooting,especially with good freinds.