Did Ruger stop making the Redhawk

Noreaster

Just checked the Sturm Ruger Website and I no longer see the Redhawk listed. Did they stop producing the Redhawk revolvers???

weblance

Ruger HAS answered this question recently. They have said the Redhawk is temporarily unavailable. There is a problem with one of the suppliers, and they also are getting Redhawk, and Super Redhawk production moved to North Carolina. Ruger has NOT dropped production of the Redhawk, in favor of the Super Redhawk, and never did.

codefour

I called Ruger regarding this and explained why there was concern. The Ruger rep replied Redhawks will resume production in February of 2014. The rep replied they are going to continue to make Redhawks but had to cease production for logistical reasons for the time being..

Bezoar

in other words they did what every other company did.

stop making a product that wasnt making enough product and use that production capacity for something that is.

QuarterHorse

Supply and demand. I'm certain that the poly pistols are selling hand over fist better than the Redhawks right now. I had just watched a thing on Ruger and they had said the Redhawk will live for a long time but the poly stuff is the "in demand" ticket right now.

Dragline45

That sucks to say the least. I have been in the market for a Redhawk in .45 Colt for the past 3 years, only problem is I never found one because they never made enough. Gee, I wonder why they weren't selling very many... I'll take a classic Redhawk over the ugly as sin Super Redhawk any day.

Sevens

Given these two recent threads, it seems like Ruger's only genuine error here is that some guy -runs- to update the website according to the posted production calendar.

Certainly, we could argue that it's "great", "terrific" and "up-front" (and toss any other happy praises you can conjure) that Ruger wants to reflect specifically what is happening in their facility by means of their website... but it sure seems like it doesn't accomplish much.

I would hazard a guess that every gunmaker, especially the ones with a large & varied catalog take SOME models out of production for months at a time just as a normal course of daily business. I doubt -anyone- has the tooling or even floor space to produce EVERY item in their catalog EVERY single week or even month.

What would happen if Winchester or Federal took .25 & .32 Auto off their website today? There's a darn good chance they aren't planning production of a single round of that stuff for MONTHS (either that or it's been MONTHS since they made a single round of it) because they tool up for it once in a while and make a pile of it. It's always been that way.

Noreaster

If they are continuing it I don't understand why take it out of the web catalog. At least have a notation in there that production is halted while the operation is moved.

feets

My 7-1/2" 45 Colt Redhawk has a production date of 2012 but neither the item number nor the catalog number seem to exist.