Did it again...(1917 S&W).

MosinM38

Been awhile ;) What with hunting season and real life got a little distracted..BUT...I return bearing new firearms....:D

Awhile ago I got a .45 S&W 1917 in good enough condition I didn't want to take it around and "beat it up."

The cure???? I found a "Beater"..... There goes the AK47...but hey... its a S&W AND...I like them better :D

acf7bcb.jpg

sw1917-15.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Those photo's are linked direct from the auction (Embarressed...But he takes SOO much better pictures ).

paid $335 including shipping, just got it today...What a nice little gun. Nice action on it, and it hits a pop can at 20 yards 5 out of 6 shots... So she's accurate. Its a Brazilian Contract revolver and it has seen some use, the cylinder (And other stuff a little I think) have been reblued...

But hey... For $335 I got what I wanted...a beater that can be taken out and used. It shoots good and I finally got some moonclips and de-mooning tool. So.. All I need is a holster for it.

Just thought I would share my new purchase I am broke but happy. :cool:

moose fat

I see them on the auction sites. Someday I'll get one. It would look well next to my Win. Model of 1917.:D

Hmmmm....

10-96

Still a little on the expensive side, but MidwayUSA has .45 Auto Rim ammo listed by a couple of different manufacturers. I run both the ACP and AR through mine.

MosinM38

Next gun show I will pick up some .45 Auto Rims. Usually some around. And it averages out after you end up paying shipping :eek:

I got a holster for it..Dad made a holster for his .357 Security Six Ruger..Fits like a charm on the S&W .45 :D (No worries. I already had stolen the holster for my own .357 before I got the .45 ;) )