did I pay to much??

Eric708

Hi I just brought a Ruger GP100 stainless 4" barrel I paid $516 otd it was $485before taxes and background check its nib did I over pay for it thanks Eric

EBF

Not bad. Mine was $485 OTD in FL.

Probably could have found it a little cheaper on the interent, but not a bad local deal IMO.

tjhands

Sure, it sounds a bit high, but you got a great gun that will outlive you. Money well spent. Don't feel bad. :)

Eric708

I only got it local because it would of cost me about $490 to get it from budsgunshop.com after paying the ffl fee so I figured $20 or $30 aint worth the extra wait as long as I didn't get ripped too bad it don't bother me

Ozzieman

No

Not a great deal but a good one.
And as some one else said, you will wear out before the gun will.
My suggestion is to :)
And shoot it!

18DAI

I think he means ,you can never pay too much for a gun ,you can only pay it too soon. You got a nice gun. In my area the price may be a little high. The important thing is A) Is that the gun you wanted? ,and B) Are you happy with your new gun?. If the answer to both is yes ,then stop worrying and start shooting ,200 rounds down range will make you very happy. Especilly with the Ruger revolvers ,everyone I know who has one loves them. Enjoy your new gun! Regards 18DAI.

packarat

I saw a 4'' 686 for $469, however I bought a 6'' GP100 stanless today and it was $499 before all the other taxes and fees. $594 OTD since I also needed to take the 'test' and pay CA taxes.

Can't wait till May 9th 1:00 pm PDT, first 100 rounds that I will ever shoot out of a revolver. Hope you will have as much fun with yours as I am anticipating on having with mine :)

Hired Gun

Yep. Too high.

Eventually, you'll forget about the price, and the gun will last forever, so just use the high price as leverage for a good deal from the gun store for your next buy.

"Come on, Jim. You guys made a killing off me on that Ruger. Cut me a break on this gun."

Hook686

I figure a few dollars to your local gunshop, more if it houses a good gunsmith, is never a bad thing. Even if you paid $200 too much, over 50 years that amounts to $4 a year, less than 2 cents a day .... folks are always giving away their 2 cents here, so did you get taken .... nope , you got a good gun at a decent price.

Eghad

when you buy a handgun on the net you are going to pay at least $25.00 for shipping + the FFl Transfer fee. I have seen them around $430.00 so what you would have saved is paying any tax on it.

you would have still paid for the background check...

Majic

Isn't it a little late to be asking that question? Finding out that you paid too much doesn't help anything so just enjoy your new purchase.