Did I get a good deal?

Gonzo_308

Ok, here's what I got, LNIB 99% SIG P226 with factory nickel finish, factory hardwood grips and factory ADJUSTABLE night sights, two nickel 15rd mags and 5 extra factory 15 rd mags, Galco leather holster still in the bag for $900.00

I used as my frame of reference the fact that in my area a police turn in P226 in 95% condition retails for around $500.00 maybe I got taken I don't know but I DO know that I've been searching for one of these for a while and am completely satisfied to have this in my collection.

Now, you guys tell me how bad a deal I got.

Azrael256

That gun and 7 15-rounders and a holster AND neato sights? I don't know the bluebook value, but I would've bought it.

Ok, I really wouldn't have bought it because nickel finishes don't appeal to me, but you get the idea.

J. Parker

Well, if it will make you feel any better the Suggested Retail Price is just around 900 smack-ka-roons. Whats important is "are YOU happy with the purchase"?
I'm a big Sig-Sauer fan so all I'll say is that you got a SWEET DEAL on a upscale, premier, first class pistol. Best, J. Parker

Kermit

You got the gun you wanted, the guy got the $$ he was asking...Now, go out and get it dirty ;)
You got a new gun...:D :D

branrot

Let's do the math (all these are estimates, of course):

15 round clips 50 bucks each 5 = $250
15 round nickel clips 70 bucks each 2 = $140
Sig 226 99% guessing $450
Premium for Nickel $80
Premium for Wood grips $20
Galco Holster (not sure which model) $50
Night Sights (mepros, higher for trijicons $90

That comes to $1080. Granted, there are my guesses not using any reference literature. Personally, I like nickel finishes, but I'm not a fan of wood grips, so these numbers could vary depending on the buyer. Sounds like you did just fine, though.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Yes, I think you got a good deal; cuz comparing Sig's to
Sig's, I gave $760.00 + 8% sales tax for a NIB .40 caliber
P229 w/ SigLite night sight's back in December of 1995.
Enjoy your new purchase.:) :D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Considering that the last SIG I bought was my P-226 Stainless in .40 cal with Trijicons, unfired in box, for $550 (2 10-rd mags), I'd say you did all right. ;)