Did I do okay?

doubleaes2

I recently purchased this from a co-worker for $250.00. What do you guys think?

gp100001ws5.jpg

gp100004hv7.jpg

gp100006gg7.jpg

:cool:

Jim PHL

If you paid $250 for the gun (and assuming it is used-although it looks great) you got a very good but fair deal. Used Gp-100's can be had pretty regularly for about that price.
If you got the ammo, speedloaders, belt and holsters with the gun for $250, you made out like a bandit. I prefer S+W to the Rugers but that is just personal preference. Can't think of a bad thing I've heard of the GP-100. Great gun. Enjoy! Be Safe.

doubleaes2

I got it all. :) I was slowly buying it from my co-worker's mom, but she decided I had paid her enough, and she no longer wanted it around anymore. It was her late husband's. He had purchased it to pursue an armed security job, but he got an unarmed job instead. A couple of years later, he passed away. The gun is unfired, but not for long.:)

skeeter1

If you got that revolver, plus the leather, ammo, and speedloaders, and all in that picture, then I'd say you got a great deal. Buy her something nice for Christmas.

djturnz

Jim PHL, I'd love to know where GP100s can be found for $250 regularly. I keep finding them for $375 and up. Do you have a special source?

Am I missing the "quote" button?

gb_in_ga

Looks to me like you made out like a bandit, assuming that it is in as good working condition as it looks externally. I mean, leather, speedloader, ammo and all? From what I've experienced with them, the GP-100s don't have quite as nice of a trigger as a vintage S&W (but still not bad), other than that they are 1st rate.

Enjoy!

springmom

No, no. You were taken for a ride. Therefore you should, just to get rid of the reminder of your embarrassment, send the whole kit and caboodle...to me! :D :D :D

Seriously, that's great. I hope that when I repose, that my guns will find a home where they will be well loved. Not that I think that will be a problem with youngest son, who loves to shoot, but still...it's nice that you have something that was used and treasured and that you will in turn use and treasure it.

Besides, it's a great deal :D

Springmom

doubleaes2

I should get to the range this weekend, then I'll let you all know how it shoots. I have been dry firing the snot out of the gun, and am getting used to the trigger. It's really not bad at all:)

stephen426

Yup... totally scammed... I'll take a loss and give you what you paid for it. Besides, my 6" stainless GP-100 needs a little brother.

Not a chance huh? I didn't think so either. ;) :D

T. O'Heir

"...don't have quite as nice of a trigger..." Any new firearm needs a trigger job. Frivolous law suits have cost firearms makers tons of money, so they put out their products with poor triggers. Fortunately, doing the trigger on a GP is easy. Polish(jeweller's rouge and a cloth wheel. NO metal removal.) all the internal mating parts and change the springs.
A new 4" SS GP lists at $615 on Ruger's site. I'd say you did very well. Especially with all the other bits. Mine is blue and cost me $350Cdn when they first came out up here.

firechicken

You should feel guilty. I think you should give her another $150 to ease your mind. :p I just bought a GP100 like yours to keep my 44 Mag Redhawk company in the safe. I like mine a lot, and the trigger is not bad at all.

TexasCop

you SHOULD feel guilty, even at rock bottom prices, that's about a 500 dollar package, go back and give the old lady another 100 bucks, or at least mow her yard or something.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I've paid more for less without feeling cheated.

The only GP100s I've seen for $250 are the DAO Law Enforcement trade-ins.

Jackrabbit

Yep great deal...throw that Winchester .38spl ammo you got in the garbage though...

I bought a 100rds of that stuff and it funked up my 686 SO bad I wont be buying any more Winchester ammo for awhile...guess you get what you pay for as it is some of the cheapest stuff going.

duckmart

I paid $425 for a used one in the friendly state of Ca. felt like that was a good deal. So enjoy your find, people in Ca. envy you.