Did I do okay on this purchase?

ckurts

Every now and then when you're at a gun show do you see a gun that just cries out "take me home, take me home!"? Well, there I was at the Astro Hall gun show last week, and there's a guy with a K38 Masterpiece, 6" barrel on his table. The tag said $290.00 so I reached in my wallet's secret wife proof compartment where I was keeping 3 Ben Franklins that I was looking to put toward a nice new hunting rifle for this coming season. The handgun is used but in absolutely beautiful shape, came in the original S&W box, and the guy handed me some kind of old-fashioned police type holster with it. Oh, and did I mention although this was a dealer, the guns were a private sale so it looks like I purchased a weapon through "the gun show loophole" that everybody's talking about :rolleyes: ? I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, though.

So at $290.00 did I do okay?

Hutch

That happens to be to the dollar what I paid for a 6" (mebbe 6.5) at a gun show a year or so ago. Mine had no box, and had a couple of minor blems, so I think you did better than I did, and I'm STILL pleased. Good on yer, mate.

JoeHatley

ckurts,

My wife bought me one last X-mas. Nice gun. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

I think she paid exactly $290 for it.

Good Luck...

Joe

Zander

I notice that nearly sixty TFL'ers have read your post...if we each send you a George Washington, it'd be a really inexpensive price for your very humorous post.

Not many things make me laugh out loud, but your post did. Thanks! :D

Guard that secret compartment. LOL!

PS: You did 'OK'. ;)