Did CZ fix the P-10 spring popping issue?

wild cat mccane

Hey there,

Have a new CZ P-10 Compact OR NS ready to go in the cart. However, I keep finding people mentioning a spring popping off a ledge causing the slide to get jammed onto the frame.

Was this ever addressed? A more reported issue than likely to happen? Anyone know?

wild cat mccane

slide stop spring.

problem when googling "cz p-10 slide stop spring problem"

Seemed to have fixed problems with the striker rotating. But I can't see if the slide stop spring and ledge issue have been resolved or not.

TunnelRat

First I’ve heard of it. Hasn’t been an issue on either of the two I have owned (one bought years ago one bought a year and a half ago), can’t speak to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armoredman

Hmm, in six P-10 series pistols I have personal shooting experience with I have never heard this one. I don't recall seeing a thread over at CZ Forum either on this one. I CAN say for a fact the rotating striker as a BS issue from the get go and showed that in a video I made about the issue. However, CZ went ahead and redesigned the slide to prevent it from moving. But this one, nope. The only spring issue I heard of recently was a guy who didn't put the recoil spring back in the proper guide spot on the barrel ledge when he reassembled his sidearm. It did get fixed, IIRC, but took some cussin'. That was a failure of the big nut behind the grip, not the pistol. Z
BTW, I have an S and so does my son. His is non OR and mine is OR - what is an "NS"? That is a new one on me.

armoredman

Then it's a marketing thing from a distributor - CZ never marketed the S as a "night sight" model. My OR has the single front night sight and my son's non OR has the standard three dot with luminescent paint. Mine is US made, his is Czech made, only real difference. The CZ-USA online catalog says all CZ P-10S models are equipped with Tritium sights. The OR only come with the front sight tritium, rear sight is a blacked out flat, since you are probably going to put on a red dot. I have no intention of using one. Took some time getting used to, but it's awesome now.
The CZ P-10S shoots like a much bigger pistol, great little sidearm, to be sure!

As armoredman suggested, a mistake during re-assembly might be a common cause of unsolved problems we read about.

I would gladly buy a new CZ P-10 c with no prior handling of the gun Type.

This is because I own both a PCR and imported VZ-58 rifle ; also had a CZ-82 and very used P-01 with 10,000 rds. , with no second thoughts about Czech quality :cool:(this should be obvious).

If this were checked on "Original CZ forums" or the other CZ owner website, a known problem like that would be a frequent topic.

You can go there and ask a Moderator, if still skeptical about a gun's quality.

Last edited:

wild cat mccane

No. It's a real thing.

Bunk at glocktalk has two and had CZ replace an entire gun over it. Brian Enos forum has it too.

I can also find the problem on the CZ forums...

hm...

All and all, do you all rank the CZ P-10 highly?

Thanks!

TunnelRat

Internet forums are good and bad. Good in that if you’re having a problem you can find someone that had a similar problem and possibly find a solution. Bad in that people are naturally more motivated to share bad experiences than good experiences. This means that determining the true extent of a reported problem isn’t easy.

In my time owning a P10c I had not heard of this issue, nor does it appear the others that responded have either (and one of those respondents has a lot of CZ forum experience). You have to determine for yourself if the reported problems mean the P10 pistol isn’t worth purchasing.

I would recommend the P10 as much as any other polymer framed, striker fired pistol. My only caveats would be if you’re used to say Glock then parts availability and aftermarket support isn’t at the same level, but there are still a number of options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wild cat mccane

Nice. Na, not at all on setting myself against one. I have some reservation as the CZ forum doesn't have a single P-10 comment on it's first page. However, it seems people really like them over Glock.

The OR/NS Compact was just in the day I posted this at $490 at some online shops. I waffled over the CZ forum being negative and now sold out with average back to $550.

I remember these darn things being under $400 when they first came out (non OR/NS front, agreed).

I think I'll pick one up the second the $490 shops get one listed online and post it up with pictures when it comes in.

Thanks!

TunnelRat

I have noticed the prices have inflated on the P10 series. FWIW, I paid $521 locally for my OR P10-C when I bought it.

armoredman

I think you are going to the other CZ Forum. The Original CZ Forum at czfirearms.us has a LOT of traffic on the polymer subforum, and the only thread I could find about a spring popping off was from March;
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=114805.0
That was a bent spring issue. Also, there are a bunch of P-10 threads on the first page of that subforum. Feel free to come over to czech it out.
Full disclosure - I own the place.

Last edited:

armoredman

wild cat mccane said:
All and all, do you all rank the CZ P-10 highly?
I have never owned more than one of a certain pistol never saw the need. I also never wanted to carry a poly striker fired pistol, despite qualifying Epert or Distiguished Expert with the Glock 19 for the last 19 years with my Dept. THEN....then I handled a P-10C. Everything I didn't like about the Glock was gone and everything felt just right.
Do I like them?
You tell me. BTW, the FDE is an original 2017 model that is my EDC, and runs like a top. My son carries an OD CZ P-10S than he is absolutely deadly accurate with, and the P-10M has been claimed by my best friend as her EDC.

Attachments

• All in the family.jpg
    All in the family.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 14

armoredman

You will love it - every P-10S I have fired shoots like it's anything but a compact, evry manageable and accurate as all get out.