Diary?

roy reali

Does anyone here record their hunts?

I use a calender with large date boxes. After every hunt I scribble a few notes about the hunt on it. I write where I went, the gun I used, the game I bagged, and my overall impression of the hunt.

So, does anyone else here to this?

30-30remchester

Yes on my big game hunts in which I harvest, I record what gun, bullet, caliber, range, number of shots, shot placement, distance and animal reaction.

hooligan1

Well before I started dragging my boy's and girl out with me I started taking some notes, but have since relugated that idea to the recycle bin. I use a camera... I have a scrapbook of pictures I call "The Book Of Dead Critters". I have over the years, beenlucky and skilled enough to have many pics, more than I care to scan and download at this time, I soon better put them on a CD, in case of fire or something.:)

BIG P

More like a range log I shoot long range a good bit. The same place i hunt wind speed. areas i see large hogs dates of bad crop damage.Ranges to heavy used trails from my spot. have to say its helped more than once.:D

wpcexpert

I do. I'll keep small notes with dates,times and moon phases I hunted. Also keep a running record of kills. You can go back and review the notes. There are clear patterns as to deer movement and buck sightings and harvests. Certain times of the year are clearly more profitable than others.

doofus47

I keep coordinates of kills, type, time.
I never thought of moon phase/temp. That's kind of obvious now that I think of it. Good idea.

Creade

My parents bought me gorgeous leather bound gold gilt hunting and fishing journals one year for my birthday and christmas (I believe I was about 12)

I think I filled in 1 page that first year, after that, they sat on a shelf.
I do still have them in a file cabinet somewhere.