diamondback DB9

bigghoss

was checking out gunblast.com and the pics from the shot show media day and the very first pic is of the new diamondback DB9. very cool but unfortunately I've read way to many bad reports about the db380 to buy one. I really hope they get the bugs worked out because I would love to have one of each if they worked.

http://www.gunblast.com/SHOT_2011_0.htm

Sixer

I'm in the same boat... they look like neat guns, at a good price. However, I definitely don't want to be part of the first group that has to deal with any issues or kinks yet to be worked out.

franco45

Well my ZA series DB380 is back at Diamondback for the second time. It will be traded without firing it upon it's return. I'll pass on the DB9. My Kahr CW9 has been perfect.

ZigHunter

My Diamondback 380 has had zero failures in 200 rounds. Just look for serial numbers above ZA 2XXX they worked out the bugs by then.

franco45

Zighunter, my problems started at 200 rounds. Check out the Diamondbacktalk
forum if you think only ZA Diamondbacks have had problems.

bigghoss

My Diamondback 380 has had zero failures in 200 rounds.

I'm not saying you didn't get a good one but 200 rounds isn't enough to prove a gun or not for ANY gun imho. I have a $1300 1911 with only 400 round through it and though it's been perfect I want to put a few hundred more through it before I really trust it.

I can't describe how badly I want these little guns to work and for DB to get to get the bugs worked out but you are the first person to say that is the case. last month an article in gun test magazine reported the contrary.

LouCap

I'm not saying you didn't get a good one but 200 rounds isn't enough to prove a gun or not for ANY gun imho. I have a $1300 1911 with only 400 round through it and though it's been perfect I want to put a few hundred more through it before I really trust it.

I can't describe how badly I want these little guns to work and for DB to get to get the bugs worked out but you are the first person to say that is the case. last month an article in gun test magazine reported the contrary.

On one level, I agree with you 100%. However, as a former DB 380 owner, if he shot 200 rounds through a DB without a failure, that's a resounding success! Seriously though, get about 500 rounds down the pipe and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using Tapatalk Pro.

ZigHunter

bigghass Yes I know that 200 rounds is a very small round count however if everyone waited until they got to the 4-5k count to post then all you would hear are the problems. My post was to just point out that so far my firearm is issue free.

Nakanokalronin

My Diamondback 380 has had zero failures in 200 rounds. Just look for serial numbers above ZA 2XXX they worked out the bugs by then.

Seen this posted many times by different people. I then tell that person that my "ZC" series which is way past that mark had constant trigger reset issues after only 50rds. It fed and ejected everything fine but on top of the reset issue, the trigger was just way too long with equal reset. Mags barely popped out of the grip when ejected.IMO the DB380 doesn't hold a candle to my flawless P238 even when the DB did work. Big sights, almost no recoil, flawless function, short trigger pull and reset, mags pop out with force and Sig actually fixed the problems with the recoil springs and magazine follower for free that where issues when it was called the Colt Mustang.

This new 9mm version just looks like a bigger DB380 so I'm guessing the internals are identical. I'd rather go with the Kimber Solo with an all metal frame, SA trigger that is not nearly as long as the DB and from a company that will actually fix any issues they have.

BTW, Colt is coming back out with the Mustang with zero changes to the outside. Internally though, I'm sure there are Sig fixes galore.

Last edited:

bigghoss

4000-5000 is a bit much just to prove a gun, I hold out for at least 500. that also gives me a chance to really get to know the gun and how it works so I don't end up shooting myself in the leg in front of a room full of kids and having it wind up on youtube:D

franco45

Zighunter, I hope you got a good one. I have not found another pocket 380 in the same price range that looks and feels as good as the DB380. I just can not trust mine. I noticed that Kahr has come out with a model called the CM9, a pocket 9mm. That may be my next pocket gun. I have had good luck with both my CW series Kahrs.