Desiring to shoot a SIG .45 in San Antonio area

Yoosta B. Blue

I've recently developed an interest in SIG pistols and have been reading about different models. I'm hoping to find someone in the greater San Antonio area who would allow me to shoot a few rounds through their SIG .45. If you are interested in helping me in this quest, please drop me a PM. I'd either give you some ammo, treat you to lunch, or let you shoot my Beretta PX4 Storm .45. Thanks!

Yoosta B. Blue

proxpilot

check to see if your local ranges have any you can rent. i just shot my Sig p220 .45 yesterday for the first time. let me tell ya. it's a nice shooting gun. :D

Yoosta B. Blue

No, not able to find a rental on the P220 (or P245, the compact version). So still hoping to find a benevolent enthusiast who will allow me the opportunity. Maybe the New Year will bring in some luck for me. :D

YBB

proxpilot

well if it's any consolation, i bought my p220 blind, never fired a .45 before and i am extremely happy with it. :D

Glenn E. Meyer

Do you shoot at the local IDPA or IPSC matches? I don't recall seeing one there but haven't paid attention.

You could ask on one of the TX chl forums.

Try Red's in Austin? Place to shoot here?

maqueswell

Yoosta B. Blue;
have you tried calling the local ranges? I know the Bullet Hole (210) 679-6781rents pistols, i'm not sure if they rent out the Sig P220 though.

I own a P220 and i frequent the Bullet Hole. I can't tell you when i'll be there next due to the holidays. Email me on here and maybe we can meet out there.

Let it Bleed

The gunshop/range I go to will allow a test drive on their used guns. Where there is a will there is a way.

Worse case scenario, you buy the Sig, use it for a year and decide to sell it. They hold value well, but I'd bet you will want to keep it forever. For me, .45 acp means 1911s and Sig 220s (especially the 220 ST).

Good luck!

Yoosta B. Blue

Many thanks for the replies. I've just sent an email to you, maqueswell.

Happy New Year to all you gun nuts out there! :D

Yoosta B. Blue

Yoosta B. Blue

Just got back from a local gun shop. While there, I had the opportunity to heft and fondle a P220, and also a P245. I really liked the grip of both of these firearms. I was allowed to dry fire them, and the snap of the hammer on Sigs is decidedly different (in both the feel and sound) from other guns that I've experienced. I'm confident that it would really be a thrill to shoot one of these bad boys! :D

YBB

Last edited: