Desantis Pro Stealth IWB review

gddyup

Just got the Desantis Pro Stealth IWB holster earlier this week. I bought it online from the Desantis website at www.desantisholster.com. Total price with shipping was just under $40. I received the holster just 48 hours after ordering so I was extremely satisfied with the ordering process and the turnaround time. Desantis was a great company to deal with and the holster was exactly what I thought it would be.

The holster construction is of ballistic nylon with a solidly built metal belt clip that is ambidextrous. You can switch it from left to right depending on which hand you want to draw with. It also has a built in magazine carrier on the front of the holster that comes in very handy. It easily fits an extra magazine for my XD9 without problem. The sticthing and build quality is first rate and there are no sgarp corners that dig into your side. The trigger is completely covered which helps ensure safety when drawing and the holster does not impede your hand-to-grip grab so unholstering is easy and secure. The front end of the holster is open but my XD9 sits about 1/4"-1/2" inside the end so it's pretty well protected.

Wearing the Pro Stealth is easy and comfortable. I feel it's the most comfortable for me at the 2:30 position. It supports the gun well while I'm wearing it and doesn't tend to print the handle against my side at that position. I have worn the holster for a few hours at a time so far and have had no issues as far as concealability and comfortability. I can easily conceal my XD9 service with a normal fireman's duty belt, pair of one size up jeans, and a regular t-shirt untucked. Sitting, bending, and moving with the holster at 2:30 presents no problems for me. I'm 6', 170 as far as size goes so you have an idea. With the nylon construction, it does not irritate your skin and it doesnt bite you as you move around. After wearing it for a few minutes, it's comfortable enough that I tend to forget that I have a service model XD strapped right next to my junk!

Drawing from the holster is simple. Pull up my t-shirt, reach, grab, pull, and fire. The pistol slides right out quickly, easily, and without drama. It's also very quite due to the nylon. The only negative with the holster comes in during the re-holster. VERY difficult with one hand. One of the few design limitations of the nylon construction. Having the extra mag in place actually helps a little bit, but one-hand re-holstering is very tough without a grat deal of pratice. For me, this wasn't very much of a concern. I was more worried about ease of use, comfortability, and concealabilty which I feel the Pro Stealth certainly excels at.

For the money, I don't think you could go wrong with the Desantis Pro-Stealth. It's construction, ease of use, comfort, concealabilty, and price make it a great holster for someone looking for an affordable IWB holster. On a scale of 1-10, I'd certainly have to rate this holster an easy 8.5-9.0. The only negative being the ease of re-holstering one-handed. If that's not of big concern to you, than this is easily going to prove to be one great holster that you should consider.

The rig...

IMG_23911.jpg

With an untucked t-shirt and one-size up jeans (33 size as opposed to 32)

IMG_23871.jpg

Underneath the shirt... (LOL at the furry belly!!)

IMG_23881.jpg

Fuse

It looks pretty sharp. Thanks for posting that. How secure do you find the single clip (does it move around a lot)?

gddyup

I've found that it doesn't really move around at all. If you really start twisting around at the hip the holster will move a little bit, but not that much that it gets out of position. The clip seems to hold the holster pretty secure in the position you put it. Although I usually have the clip just about pressed up against the belt loop on my jeans (it's the most comfortable position for me), I wouldn't think I would have any problems with movement if I were to place it anywhere else.

MidKnight

Thanks for that review!

I have looked into the same holster and it got great reviews at RigRate.com also. The same gripe about reholster, but in a real world situation, that should be the least of your worries.

Also, good pics!!