derringer. whats good, price, etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pezo

Im looking for a good "boot gun" so to speak , a backup for a backup , Im am thinking about some sort of 2 barreled derringer in .357/.38 caliber. since thats the caliber I use for defense. who makes these style firearms good or ones to avoid. what is a typical price range for a good one new. pics will be appreciated. :)

skeeter

The 22. mag High Standard derringer I am selling would be a good choice. It is a quality piece that is fast to get into service. I bought it new in the 80's and hardly shot it ( 6 times). Has original bill of sale , factory box and papers, 2 high concealment holsters (wallet holster and IWB) plus 2 or 3 boxes of ammo. It has an aluminum frame , 3 1/2" double flat barrel, and is no thicker than 3/4" with white plastic stocks off. It was very popular as a police back-up gun back in the 80's. If interested e-mail me at; rostock@cableone.net
Extras and all for $300 here in Az. I only saw one for sale in the last four years and it was $285 without extras so I feel this is a fair price.

DPris

Member Emeritus
Skeeter,
If that's the double-action Hi-Standard, I had one as a backup in the late 70s. Good little gun.
If your wallet holster is the type that allows the gun to be fired from inside the holster, I understand hazily that the ATF may have sort of "outlawed" those.
Just FYI, and hopefully somebody else here may know more about that.
Use caution if true, as in maybe dump it quick.
Denis

patentnonsense

I shopped derringers a bit before getting a Bond Arms - I think it's the best quality on the market. It also has a triggerguard, which I like.

.22Mag is a good round, but I'd get one of the mini-revolvers if I were going to carry that. An advantage of the derringer is that you can carry a centerfire round - I like .44 Mag, and I just got a second barrel in .45ACP.

USP45usp

If you're getting anything in the .22 or .22mag then go with the NAA pistols. They also now have the .17 and the .25NAA.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.