Del-Ton Uppers

divil

I have found Del-Ton pretty good to deal with. I had some quality problems but they were great in getting me replacement parts - much better than some other long established manufacturers in fact.

wnycollector

My first Ar-15 was a 20" DT government profile upper mated to a RRA NM lower. Over the past two years I have put thousands of relatively trouble free rounds. Other than it choking on Tula ammo (it shoots WPA, Brown and Silver Bear fine) in its non-CL barrel I'm happy with its reliability. As far as accuracy, with Black Hills 52gr MHP it can shoot 1.5" groups at 100 yards. DT is G2G in my book.

dvdcrr

I just put together a rifle with a Del-ton heavy mid upper non chrome lined. I don't like that the firing pin retaining pin sticks out from the carrier on Del-tons Other than that just from looking I can't fault the unit. The aluminum heat shields could be blackened. minor stuff.
Here's the fun part: this rifle (including lower) has parts from Del-Ton, LRB arms, Stag, DSA, Palmetto, UTG; Frankengun!

HKGuns

What does DSA have to do with this Hoss?

I don't like that the firing pin retaining pin sticks out from the carrier on Del-tons

Mine doesn't stick out.

p497677317-5.jpg

Last edited:

chewie146

Wow. I wasn't expecting so many good reviews. I have a 20" light weight build that I want to do. The light weight upper would be great for coyotes and the 20" barrel would tame the blast of the .223 some. It would also make it much easier to carry from stand to stand. I have a spike's lower that I'm looking to drop this on. I'm glad to see it eats cheap ammo as well, such as brown and silver bear. For this kind of rifle, do you think it's just as well not to get the chrome lined barrel?

dvdcrr

mine is fine without chrome. one time a veteran was telling me about the pre chrome m16s in vietnam and said that they cleaned super religiously and the chrome made the gun cycle even faster which really didnt help.

HKGuns

well the very last thing in the OP was:

Sorry Hoss. I must have read right over that one.

Chrome lining is a nice to have, not a necessity, there are a lot of rifles out there without chrome lining.