Del-ton 16" AR-15 options

DubC-Hicks

I'm looking at a custom 16" Del-ton complete upper. There are a few options I am not sure about. They offer chrome bolt and carriers for an extra $55. Is it worth it? I am definitely getting the chrome lined barrel though. And I'm not sure what rate of twist I want. They offer 1:7 or 1:9. And I'm pretty sure I want the M4 feedramps for an extra $25. I have no idea about the gas tube or charging handle options though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

94Marlin

i have a delton 16 inch middy and a 20 inch. They are the best bang for the buck. I had a DPMS and a STAG. I sold them both and built my Deltons. I promise you will not go wrong. The fit and finish on my Deltons are better than my DPMS or STAG were.

lmccrock

Unless you intend to abuse the rifle or shoot full auto, nothing needs to be chromed. Standard gas tube. Charging handle depends on sight choices - standard handle unless the scope extends back over the latch, then get a tac latch (such as Badger's).

They offer 1:7 or 1:9
Depends on the ammo you want to shoot. Roughly, shoot 69gr and lighter from 1:9 (although up to 75gr MIGHT work), and 55gr and heavier from 1:7.

Bullets/loads too heavy/slow for twist will not stabilize and may hit the target going sideways - if they hit the target (they hit somewhere, just maybe not on your target). Too light/fast may spin fast enough to spin the jacket off the bullet (seen it happen).

Lee