DeHaan shotguns?

JMC

I'm interested in hearing from anyone here that might own and hunt with a DeHaan S2 SxS shotgun, preferrably in 20 ga.

I'd like the good and bad and if bad, your experience with DeHaan customer service.

How is the wood to metal fit?
How would you rate the quality of the receiver engraving?
How is the lock up?

Anything at all. I'm considering the purchase of an S2 in 20 ga. They seem to be a nice gun for the $'s.

DeHaan Shotguns

Thanks in advance.

JMC

Actually, this is the place to go, and it has a sub category dedicated just to DeHaan's.

Been there, read it all. That's where I first heard of them. There were some negative reports there on the DeHaan.
It's kind of like going to Glock Talk and asking about a Glock pistol, if you know what I mean. ;)
I have my reservations on the quality of the line for the $'s.
I have an e-mail into Mark DeHaan but I don't expect to hear from him too soon.
I thought I would ask here just in case someone here has one.

Thanks for the info.

RUT

Well, no matter which gun you choose, there will always be someone who'll say bad things about it. I've found that usually, those are not the folks that actually own one, but rather got it second hand from somebody's brother-in-law's second cousin. I think you'll find more positive comments on the Dehaan than negative, even on Shotgunworld. I'm actually considering one myself, only in O/U. I also have a Lanber 2097 that some would say is a POS, but if you were to see it I don't think you'd have the same impression. :)

Good luck,

RUT