Defoor/Ameriglo EDC sights

bamaranger

Would like to hear comments and experience of anybody shooting the Defoor sights as sold by Ameriglo. I've had it with the factory Glock sights, damaged and no daylight in the sight picture. Thinking all my Glock pistols may get a set if I like them......first up a G21 that got the rear sight pronged some how!

bamaranger

width

Apparently not much interest. The Defoor front is .040 narrower than stock Glock poly sights at .115". Appearance wise, in profile they resemble Glock sights, no white dot or border, and all steel.

wild cat mccane

Thanks. I am looking for narrow target like sights and Dawson seemed it for .1 width. But i keep reading fit is almost filing with dawson. Might check these out.

TunnelRat

Thanks. I am looking for narrow target like sights and Dawson seemed it for .1 width. But i keep reading fit is almost filing with dawson. Might check these out.

With Dawsons you generally only need to file the front to fit it in the dovetail (never seems to be an issue with the rear dovetail) and with Glocks they don’t have a front dovetail so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bamaranger

sights

I've looked at material on the Dawson's, as well as the Sevigny's. All offer narrower front blades, steel construction. The Defoor's have my attention 'cause they seem to be about $50 cheaper, unfortunately a driving factor these days:(

wild cat mccane

They appear to match exactly the same on price on both companies website at $80 for a rear/front set and about 40-45 for the front only.

Actually, Dawson is cheaper. 80 from dawns gives you fiber on front and rear.

oops. Totally wrong. you're talking night sights.

Yeah. I'd go Ameriglo too.