defence?

XavierBreath

Here's the article.
COLUMBUSOhio - Police are investigating a shooting Wednesday evening by an apartment complex security guard that left two people hospitalized, NBC 4's Teresa Garcia reported. The shooting happened at about 6 p.m. at the Rustic Ridge apartment complex on Vineshire Drive on the city's east side.

The guard, Cornell McCleary, said the men were causing problems, refused to leave and then became violent, and that he acted in self-defense, Garcia reported. McCleary is a local radio talk-show host and community activist.

Police said the incident started as an exchange of words but quickly turned into a gunfight.

A woman said her nephew had just returned home from work when he allegedly was approached by a group of young men. She said he was approached because he was wearing a red shirt.

"It's a damn shame that you can't wear what you want to wear," she said. "The guy approached my nephew thinking he was in a gang."

That's when police said a security officer at the apartment complex got involved. Columbus Police Detective Jim Day said McCleary told the group of men to leave, but they didn't.

Day said McCleary was punched in the face. That's when McCleary said he pulled his gun and shot the two men he said were attacking him.

The men, Mark Harmon, 20, and Kevin Gullick, 36, were transported to Grant Medical Center, where they were listed in stable condition.

McCleary was interviewed at police headquarters. No charges were immediately filed. An investigation will continue.

According to McCleary's bio on theWTVN-AM Web site, he has been a private investigator for 20 years and is certified by the state as an expert and instructor in the patrol of private property and in self-defense.

Stay with NBC 4 and nbc4i.com for more information.

does the known gang affiliation and multiple attackers add up to reasonable fear of extreme bodily harm or death?
In Louisiana, yes. I don't know about Ohio. I suspect all the facts are not yet out, and a civil case is in the future.

AttackTurtle

A fist can be a deadly weapon in FL. My CCW instructor told us we had better get pretty beat up before shooting if we are guys.