Deer Tick Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
I hate it when people forward bogus warnings, but this one is real and it's important. So please send this warning to everyone on your e-mail list: If somebody comes to your front door saying they are conducting a survey on deer ticks and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT! IT IS A SCAM! They only want to see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid now.

bswiv

Are you SURE it was a scam?????

I mean.....seriously, look in the mirror......would someone really want to see that naked?

musher

Not a scam. There's been a rash of deer ticks infected with horrible diseases imported from China.

They're hitching rides in shipments of defective ammo.

The dancing part is to see if you're suffering neurological damage from tick infestation. Quickest way to check, really.

Rembrandt

I figured it might be a hoax.....too dang cold up here for ticks. Can't trust anyone, some little girls in uniforms came by the other day trying to sell me thin mints and cookies...I saw right thru their sneaky scam.

shortwave

Thanks for the heads-up Art...

...but, hey, if that 'someone' at the door looks like Jennifer Lopez...I'm droppin my linen and I'll be :D.

Last edited:

TXAZ

Art, I guess your local representative is only providing partial service. The Austin American-Statesman just reported the "Deer Tick guys" are offering Hernia checks and Prostate Exams as part of their full service to ensure tick larva were not hiding in 'strategic places'.

tahunua001

well yeah, I asked if they had any women that could administer the test but something about privacy and sexual harrassment suits so men had to test men and women had to test women...

Status
Not open for further replies.