Deer decoy.....w/pics.

Rembrandt

For my birthday the kids thought I should have a deer decoy....not something I would have a put as a high priority. Tried it out, dang.....the thing really works! This is the "Bucky Jr" brand.

Anyone else have pro-or-con experiences with these?

Decoy is on the far right....
IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

publius

Very cool. I wouldn't set it up anywhere near a road though. Jethro might be full of beer and decide to shoot at him, possibly hitting you!

shortwave

^^^ A buddy of mine leaves his Mckenzie buck archery target up in his yard every year throughout our rut season.
He's got videos of bucks coming out of the woods attacking and posturing the decoy.

Deja vu

my father had one of these that was a doe. Just a little warning to not put the doe decoy out during the rut. A young buck was very unhappy when he found out his new girl friend was made of plastic. :rolleyes:

Discern

^ You should video that and send it into AFV.

Now, if you could only have a decoy where you could be inside of the decoy. HOWEVER, it would need to be armor plated and bullet proof.

There was an episode on COPS years ago where the wildlife officials had an elk decoy they set up the week before the season began. They caught several people shooting the elk from the road and from vehicles.

12GaugeShuggoth

Looks an awful lot like the "Scarface" decoy I've got. Have tried it out a couple times, with less than stellar results. Actually the only time I've had deer near it, they acted like they were terrified of it and ran in the opposite direction :rolleyes: ..........watched 5 different deer run away that afternoon while hoping one of them would come in to bow range.