Deer Crossing Signs

Gbro

I have seen a vehicle parked close to some of these sign but for the most part they seem useless. There is a lot of political whining to get the State here to put one up, and then in some cases there is only one sign that is seen by traffic.
But maybe I was unaware of the real purpose of these signs?
Here is a live radio call in recording that will help us all understand the real function of these signs. Enjoy :)
And so sorry if this has already been posted.
Deer Crossing sign's;

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Seen it, but it's worth the time.

Let us pray that she does not attend a wildlife agency's public hearing on the subject of hunting. She's as bad as a teeny-bopper Sierra Club type at an environmental hearing.

Jack O'Conner

Years ago, I was assigned to Wurtsmuth AF Base, Michigan and didn't know where to hunt. So I bought a map of Huron Nat'l Forest and planned to do some scouting. The first area I checked was about 50 yards past a deer crossing sign where I found a heavily used deer trail. I followed the trail about 1.5 miles to the edge of a swamp and built a crude ground blind. A month later, I shot a dandy 6 point buck with my 35 Remington rifle.

Deer crossing signs are good places to scout!

Jack

Gunplummer

I gotta go with Jack O'conner. I did the same thing at a State park I wanted to hunt. I have driven out west and judging by the riddled signs, Pa. has better shooters.

rickyrick

I often pondered,

Why don't people at least have good groups on those signs?

Since most are permanent, they should have a shot group you could be proud of.