Decisions Decisions...

Raider2000

Hmmm
I've replied to & admired the fine 5-1/2" barreled 1858 Remington that grymster2007 is getting & I've been thinking That a 5-1/2" barreled .44 caliber C&B revolver would be a nice addition to my small collection.

I've narrowed my selection to:
Pietta 1860 Army Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 44 Caliber 5-1/2" Blue Barrel
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=432402&t=11082005

Pietta 1860 Army Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 44 Caliber Fluted Cylinder 5-1/2" Blue Barrel
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=444672&t=11082005

Either would be a nice addition to my collection & suit my wishes to complement my present 1860 Army but I'm torn between which one should I get?

I figured I'd ask you fine people to see which every one would think I should get.

grymster2007

That's a :confused:ing one Raider! I just might prefer the un-fluted cylinder. And now thanks to Hawg, I probably gotta have both! They sure are purdy!:)

I got my 58's conversion cylinder tweaked in and could'a went shootin' at the local indoor range, but somehow, waiting 'til Friday and shootin' BP at the outdoor range with a friend seemed a more appropriate fisrt outing to me.

Let us know what you settle on.:)

Raider2000

I'm hoping more would reply their opinions to help me make my dicision on a fluted or non fluted model, although the non fluted model would match my present 1860 the fluted model would be one that I deffinitly do not have.

mykeal

It's easy

although the non fluted model would match my present 1860 the fluted model would be one that I deffinitly do not have

Then that's the one you need.

I have two, both non-fluted. That means, of course, that I now want one that's fluted.
1639.jpg

741.jpg

If you are looking for a consensus on which design people like more, you're wandering in the dark. It's a subjective thing, and there won't be a consensus. I change my mind every day on which of my revolvers is my 'favorite'. Fluted vs non-fluted will suffer the same fate.

But I don't have the fluted, so I'm free to wish. In your case, get the fluted one and you can then switch from wishing to switching back and forth as to which is your favorite.

See how easy that is?:D

Last edited:

Raider2000

I see your point my friend, the other reason for the thought of getting a new 1860 Army is because all of my C&B revolvers are military issue design, my 1860 Army has the 8" barrel & set up for the sholder stock, my 1851 Navy is 7.5" barrel "both of em .36 cal & the other .44 cal" & ofcorse my 1848 #3 Dragoon, so the 5.5" barrel would also be a different pace for me "didn't they offer the 5.5 inch in the civilian market?"