Pete Single Custom 1911
Browning Hi-Power 9mm
Busse Combat Steel Heart E (7.5")
Benchmade 145 Nimravus Cub

Nothing like guns and knives :D

99555_BHP_PCS_Busse2.jpg

Last edited:

Hardtarget

Cool photo. My two favorite uses of free time...firearms and photography. I think I'll borrow your lead and do a few "vinettes" of my meager collection. Might be a nice way to do a photo log of the guns that have come my way over the years. Mark.

blades67

Seeker,

They look like Corcoran Jump Boots.

ArmySon,

Didn't the Marine Corps ever teach you to shine the entire boot?:p

PUMC_TomG

QUOTE]I was no stinking jar head! Army all the way![/QUOTE]

I believe that this is an excuse for the wretched condition of those boots. At least his sidearm appears clean.

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
Well, some people actually utilize their boots and not worry about the appearance 24/7. Some people still actually utilize their boots to hunt with. Hunting + fall + rain = MUDDY BOOTS

How many of you have spent time in the military? How many in the infantry? How often do you think the boots are nice and shiny like you see them in the movies? :rolleyes:

Sheesh! Next time, I'll use a different backdrop. Intent of this wasn't to show clean, shiny boots. If that were the case, I would've used my jungle boots :)

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
There! I added a different picture for all you armchair generals that can't fathom the thought of dirty boots. ;)

Coronach

A sobering thought

I was at my martial arts club the other day, sidelined with a minor injury. I was using the time to spitshine my new jump boots. A kid in the club, whom I know is a Marine reserve, saunters up and we make conversation about shining boots. He states (I am not making this up): "Oh, we never had to really shine our boots that much. They had to be black, but I've never had them that shiny" *points to my half-finished spitshine on the toe of one boot*.

A Marine who never had to spitshine a boot? ***?

Mike

PS yes, I *know* he is a Marine. No, my spitshine skills are not THAT good.

GLOCKT

My Corcoran boots are all leather.And on the toe of the boot is 13 holes from side to side for the original 13 Colonies.Maybe I'm old school but mine are all leather no nylon sides,and the soles are non-jungle style sure step striders."AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY"SAFE-SHOOTING!

Tom B

That BHP would look even better with a pair of Spegal African Blackwood grips. Oh by the way I happen to have a pair for sale! ;)